Saturday, February 12, 2011

A little taste of home

I have been exceedingly fortunate that twice since I have been in New Zealand I've had visits from people from home. As you may recall, back in October, Christina and Nick were here on a three-week trip, and I joined them for the first third of their journey.

Then on this past Wednesday, yet another couple from the 14th Concession in Tiny Township made an appearance on these fair shores.  Adrianne and Gord Gardner, currently at the tail end of a six-week cruise around Australia, Fiji and New Zealand were in Auckland for one short day, and I was thrilled to be able to meet up with them and show them a few of the sites.

We had a delightful afternoon, if I do say so myself.  We took the ferry out to Davenport (a mere 10-minutes away from downtown) where we enjoyed a nice lunch on a patio (they marvelled at the size of NZ mussels, I revelled in the taste of chicken after a week and a half of vegetarian cooking). Afterwards we went out to Mt Eden (where I had been back in September) and took in the views. 

Sadly, this cyber-cafe computer won't let me download pictures at the moment, so I can't show you anything.  Sigh.

In any case, I thouroughly enjoyed my visit with them and it was over far too quickly. Hopefully this won't be the last of the home-town visitors.

Come one, come all!

No comments:

Post a Comment