Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The long long long trip home

Just a quick note to say I'm on my way.  I've been in transit for a little over 10 hours now (^bus from Wanaka to Christchurch, and have been waiting at airport for three hours), and have a further 40 hours to go. 

I'm approaching this like I approach my runs - mentally breaking it into manageable chunks and ticking off the time (or distance) covered.  At this point, I'm 20% done. 

Usually this tactic works, but that 80% ahead of me is looking pretty daunting right now.

Since my flight leaves at 7:00am and my bus arrived here at 10:00pm, I decided to forego accommodation and am instead bunkered down on the floor of the airport. It's far from comfortable, but at least I'm here and not in a dorm room stressig about whether I'd wake up at 3:00am to make it here for 4:00. 

OK.  Wifi about to run out.  Best be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment