Sunday, May 6, 2012

What I've been up to...

I've already been back in Wanaka two months, and time has flown.  Amazing how the passage of days, weeks, months, can move so much quicker when you're not miserable.

Since being here, I've been mostly in a state of limbo waiting for another work visa to be approved.  Luckily, the long-awaited message was delivered two weeks ago and I am now officially employed, and working, at Tangos café on Wanaka's waterfront.


This waterfront...ah
So far, it's been good.  Obviously the view is amazing, I like the girls I work with, my bosses are nice, and I actually get breaks (imagine that!).
But there is one snag; Wanaka becomes rather ghost-townish during May and June.  There's not much to do over the coming seven weeks, so I guess I best come home for a visit.

Did I slip that in too subtly? 

I'm headed to Canada in less than three days.  By late Thursday night, I'll be back on Canuck soil for the first time in a year and a half. 

I haven't told many people yet, since it was rather last minute planning, and I have some vague idea of surprising some people (nobody tell Bumpa, OK?).

I'll be home until late June, and hope to see as many people as I can, and hopefully the weather will cooperate and I'll get at least a few beach trips in before heading back here for winter (brrrrrrrr).

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment