Saturday, October 9, 2010

So busy I’m forgetting where I’ve been

Phew. 
What a whirlwind the last few days have been. 
In the week since I met up with Christina and Nick, we have driven some 2000 km plus crossed the Tasman Straight by ferry.  We’ve done tons of activities, both free and for-a-fee, stayed in places ranging from the moderately plush, to the downright basic. We’ve visited sights featured in LOTR, been in water both hot and cold, and had close encounters with some wild creatures.  We’ve collectively consumed, oh, at least half a dozen bags of chips, too much meat, and had many an early night, and equally many an early morning.
On Friday it took the three of us 10 minutes and the help of our photos to figure out where we’d been over the past few days – We had completely forgotten about Tongoriro.  It’s actually not that surprising given that often by nightfall we’d forgotten what we’d done that morning.
So hopefully you’ll forgive me if my accounts of our activities since my last post are less than precise.
It may have to be broken up over the course of a few posts. Be warned.

Just for the heck of it, enjoy this picture of a cute bird in Picton.
Best potatoes ever?  I think so! They ARE gourmet, after all.

1 comment:

  1. That's the coolest picture ever! Gourmet Nadine potatoes.

    ReplyDelete