Monday, September 13, 2010

I just blue myself

The long jouney has begun.

The ride to the airport was mostly uneventful.  We had a delicious poutine lunch at what is most likely the most attractive chip wagon in the country (the Fry Guy in Anton Mills -- the friew were great, the curds not).  I tried to take a picture of the great view it afforded of Georgian Ay, but unfortunately, the batteries I thought I'd charged last night died on me just as I was going to take the shot.  Misère.

Luckily I was able to run into Shoppers and pick up a spare set (on sale!), but very unluckily got stuck behind an AWEFUL woman who disputed the price of her granola bars, and her instant rice.  Her transaction involved three cashiers, a physical trip out to the shelves, a calculator, and a manual calculation.  All in all it took her 10 minutes (TEN!) to clear the cash and during this time there were no less than six people waiting in line behind her. 

Needless to say, it brought my passive aggression into overdrive and my loud sighs, obvious watch-checking and whispered snide comments were reaching a critical point by the time she slowly abled off.  The very nice woman directly in front of me unsurprisingly noticed my distress and let me pass in front of her when I told her that I had a plane to catch.  Thanks lady!  Your kindness almost negated the AWEFUL woman's total awefulness.

I'm now waiting at Pearson for my flight to LAX.  As expected, going through security to the States was tedious and overly long, but it was made slightly awesome by the fact that none other than Tobias Fünke, a.k.a David Cross was in line ahead of me (!!!!!!!).  Granted, he was waaaay ahead of me, but three times the line wove around the little seatbelty barriers in such a way that it brought us a mere 5 feet apart.  (squeeee!). He looked rough and totally not celebrity-fied ("security" baseball cap, shorts, duffle bag, back pack and guitar). I would have taken a clandestine picture, but it being a security zone and all, and me wanting to be allowed onto my flight, it wouldn't have been prudent.

No comments:

Post a Comment