Thursday, September 9, 2010

What to bring for three month's abroad?


I'm a bit strange. I'll admit it; I enjoy packing. Nay, I love it. I've been known to pull out my bag or suitcase and start inserting stuuf I might want to bring along weeks or even months in advance of a trip. I guess it's the anticipation of adventures, however tame they may be, ahead.


So what to bring? I have the advantage of already having been to New Zealand, so I have a good idea of what kind of climate awaits me (it's all over the place. It's not uncommon to have snow, rain, brilliant sunshine and gusting winds all within hours of each other. "Four seasons, one day" I believe the saying goes.)


I've also already lived out of a bag for a three-month stretch, so I know what I'm likely to use, and what would stay untouched, and heavy, in my pack.

So, on to the list:


Clothing:
jeans
yoga pants
yoga capris
shorts
convertable pants/shorts
dress or skirt
3 t-shirts
2 tank tops
long sleeve shirt
2 bras
10 undies
bathing suit
6 pairs socks
cardigan
hoodie
rain coat
light-weight coat
hat
toque
mittens
pashmena
belt
hikers
sandals
"fancy" shoes

Toiletries:
brush
t-brush
shampoo
conditionner
q-tips
bandaids
tylenol
sunscreen
contact solution


Other:
passport
purse
international driver's license
credit cards
towel
2 books
sleeping bag and liner (hopefully will protect against bedbugs!)
camera
laptop
bateries
flashlight
headband
ipod
laundry soap
sunglasses
glasses
contacts
ziplock bags

Hope it's not too heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment