Thursday, September 16, 2010

A day of accomplishments and delicious food

There are many obvious great things about being unemployed by choice -- the freedom, the lack of stress, the hours -- but there's one thing that I did not expect to appreciate so much; It's amazing how little you have to do in a day to feel accomplished. Today is a case in point.

This morning was spent checking email, researching possible scuba diving courses in Brisbane for next week (results? None to be had.  Boooooo) and watching True Blood's season finale online (also boooo).  Come afternoon I ran around the downtown setting up a bank account (which took longer than expected), and signing up for WWOOF (Willing Workers On Organic Farms, which will allow me to volunteer on farms throughout the country in exchange for room and board).

Now doesn't that sound like productive day?

I thought so. So I rewarded myself with a dinner I'd been looking forward to for weeks -- A Ponsonby Fish & Chips shop's veggie burger.
Ponsonby Fish & Chip shop, 127 Ponsonby Street
I'd experienced this delectable burger when I was here last year and I was hoping it would be as good as I remembered.  Oh my, was it ever.

I'm not sure what Turkish sauce is, except AWESOME 
oThe pattie had full corn kernels and peas and I'm not sure what else, but it was deep fried, then topped with (as seen above) cheese, pineapple, onion, a fried egg, romaine lettuce, avocado, tomato and Turkish sauce.  All on a whole wheat bun.  Ohhhh mama.

Cue salivation
I also succumbed to my sweet tooth (big surprise, right?) and got a pineapple fritter too (for only a dollar!).  It was equally delicious.
That, my friends, is a pinapple round dipped in batter, deep fried to golden perfection then lightly dusted with sugar and cinnamon. Mmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment