Sunday, September 12, 2010

On the eve of departure

I'm on the home stretch of my stretch at home. I've been at my mom's for two months and the time just flew by.  I had so many home-reno plans and, though I didn't manage to do all I had hoped, I did do a lot, so I've decided to focus on that.

Though overall I'm excited to get going on this next phase of my life, tonight I'm more melancholic and anxious.  I'm enjoying the company of family while I can, and stressing about what lies ahead: uncertainty, adventure, challenges, and opportunites.

Mom and I just watched Whale Rider, and seeing the kiwi countryside and coast was a great reminder of what I have to look forward to.  If you haven't seen that movie, I strongly recommend it.  It's not a complicated movie, but it's a really satisfying one.

Before leaving tomorrow, I want to dye my hair (hide the grey so I can better blend in with the younger backpackers), do a final packing up of the things I'm leaving at my mom's, and get a poutine (might very well be my last chance for three months) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment